Friday, June 26, 2015

My Way: perspective

Yesterday was my longest day. I walked for over eight hours, covered over 36 kilometres. And discovered in a shopping mall that I had lost six kilos since leaving Australia.

My last day of walking on the Camino was epic. I walked across blighted moors, challenged vehicles on roads with no sidewalks through three towns, negotiated 300 metres down a precipitous drop, made my way along the soft sands of a surf beach and climbed to the Fisterra lighthouse.
I was proud,even had a certificate to prove it issued by my final overnight stay.
Showed the kilometres done to the waitress who served me at my celebratory dinner.
“Hmm!“ she observed,"that is about the distance that I do each day working in this restaurant.“
She was right. Really, it was nothing special.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like death and taxes, the gullible are always with us

Protestors in the Capital. Now the horned man, Jacob Chansley says he’s coming to terms with events leading to the riot and asked people to ...