Sunday, June 14, 2015

My Way: Living León

All my precious bits ready to pounce for freedom now that the zip is broken
The bigger replacement, hip bag by Dieter, is more practical but bits can hide.
A decent burial

Stunned by the variety of cityscapes in Spain. The contrast of "nicer than Nice" San Sebastian and Bilboa with its sophisticated modern street art was one thing but now trying to deal in my head with the austere berg of Burgos and the joyous, infectious flair of León fou waling days along the Camino.
I am in León a day early because I cheated and shared a cab for the last 18km. My overstuffed bumbag broke. I needed a replacement urgently so I would not leave my valuables strewn along the track.


So I spent a day doing a refit in the next large town, Borgas' old rival, Leon.
Instead of boring you with a duplication of some of the thousands of León landmark photos of the León available online, some shots that try to give my sense of the place. I have a real soft spot for it and its kind, courteous people and eclectic architecture.


"I collected some of their Proverbs: thinking that as the sayings used in a nation, mark its character, so the Proverbs of Hell, shew the nature of Infernal wisdom better than any description of buildings or garments."
--William Blake, Marriage of Heaven and Hell.



Posted from Lee Shipley's phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like death and taxes, the gullible are always with us

Protestors in the Capital. Now the horned man, Jacob Chansley says he’s coming to terms with events leading to the riot and asked people to ...